Winter Greens with Roasted Pears and Pecorino76
Total Time35 min
1. Preheat the oven to 375°F.
2. In a small, dry frying pan, toast the pine nuts over medium heat, stirring constantly, until fragrant and lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and immediately pour onto a plate to cool; the nuts can burn quickly. Set aside.
3. Cut each pear half into 6 thin wedges. In a bowl, toss the pear wedges with the olive oil and the table salt. Arrange the pears in a single layer in a baking pan or on a rimmed baking sheet and roast for 5 minutes. Remove from the oven and, using tongs, gently turn the pears. Return to the oven and roast until tender and slightly browned, 3–5 minutes longer. Let cool.
4. In a shallow salad bowl, combine the greens, pine nuts, and cheese and toss to mix.
5. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, mustard, and shallot. Add the nut oil in a slow, steady stream, whisking constantly until a smooth, emulsified dressing forms. Season with sea salt and pepper.
6. Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat thoroughly. Top with the roasted pear slices, season with a few grinds of pepper, and serve right away.
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value *
The Ultimate Recipe Inspiration AppDOWNLOAD FOR FREE